For many people, paving their driveway is a costly and time-consuming process. However, there is a cheaper and easier way to do it yourself using recycled bricks for paving. Not only is this cheaper than buying new paving stones, but it also gives your home a unique and stylish look. Best of all, recycled bricks for paving are an easy way to help reduce your environmental footprint.
Recycled Brick Pavers are durable
One of the best things about bricks is that they are incredibly durable. In fact, they are so tough that it can be difficult to dispose of them once they have reached the end of their useful life. However, rather than simply throwing them away, used bricks can be recycled and reused in a variety of ways. One popular option is to use them as recycled pavers or paving stones for a driveway.
Step by Step instructions for Recycled Brick Pavers
- The first step is to collect the bricks from a local demolition site or purchase them from a reputable recycling center. Check them for quality and uniform size.
- Second, you’ll need to determine the size and shape of your driveway. Then, mark out the area with stakes and string.
- Next, excavate the area to a depth of about 20cm. Be sure to remove any grass, weeds or other vegetation from the site.
- Once the excavation is complete, you’ll need to compact the soil to create a solid base for the recycled pavers, which will become your paving stones. You can do this with a hand tamper or a rented plate compactor.
- Now you’re ready to lay the pavers. Begin at one end of the driveway and work your way towards the other. Make sure to use a level to ensure that each paver is even with the ones around it.
- Once all of the recycled brick pavers are in place, you’ll need to sweep sand over them and then compact the entire surface again. This will help to fill any gaps between the recycled bricks pavers and create a smooth, even surface.
- Allow the sand to settle for 24 hours before driving on your new driveway.
Want to Know More?
Speak to our friendly team at Brajkovich Demolition & Salvage. Based at Upper Swan, our huge salvage yard stocks a huge range of recycled bricks at great prices. Give us a call on 08 92278222 and we’d be happy to answer your questions.